- Dedicated nature conservation area and animal sanctuary.
- Preserving natural bushland for future generations
- Spread the Buddha’s Teachings through presence of forest monks
- Buddhist Village—Old age care for monastics and laity.
- Rare opportunity to acquire large parcels of land in NSW.
- Great karma of establishing monasteries which may last hundreds of years
- Minimal maintenance required as properties are raw land.
- Building of huts and infrastructure will proceed slowly and according to support
- from local community.
- 1 – 5 yrs. 3-5 meditation platforms,
- 6 – 10 yrs. 1 senior monk hut and 2-3 meditation huts
- 11 – 20 yrs. Multi purpose shed (Eating hall, kitchen, office, sick monk room.)
Buddha in the Bush Financials
Chaelundi Rd 219,000
Enfield Range Rd 353,000
Donations and Savings 312,000
Loans from Supporters 260,000
**For more details regarding Buddha in the Bush Project please contact Ajahn Khemavaro, or the Treasurer, Jade Dinh, at 0409 389 887.
Mt Hyland Buddhist Hermitage
Size: 1,400 acres
Location: 4450 Chaelundi Rd Dundurrabin NSW
Distance to Coffs Harbour: 111 km (2hr)
Distance to Sydney: 597 km (7 hr 10 min)
Distance to WBD: 588 km (7 hr 30 min)
Notes Easy access to property. Good tracks around property
1 hr to Dorrigo with essential services eg hospital, Bunnings.
Closest airport is Coffs Harbour
Golden Forest Hermitage
Size: 1,940 acres
Location: 1383 Enfield Range Rd Cooplacurripa NSW
Distance to Taree: 82 km (1hr 30 min)
Distance to Sydney: 384 km (5 hr 25 min)
Distance to WBD: 376 km (6 hrs)
Notes 2 WD access to property. 4 WD required from gate to camping area.
2 km of river frontage